1 small head Dino or Curly Kale, de-stemmed, washed, rinsed and cut into palm-sized pieces
1 TBSP Coconut oil (may substitute Olive Oil)
1.5 TBSP Nutritional Yeast
1/4 tsp Curry powder (optional, experiment with garlic powder &/or paprika)
1/8 tsp – 1/4 tsp Salt
Shallow roasting pan, lined with parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (200 degrees if convection oven).
2. Carefully dry the kale, removing any moisture.
3. Place kale in a large bowl and evenly distribute the oil across the kale by massaging with clean hands.
4. Add Nutritional Yeast, salt, and any optional spices. Toss with hands.
5. On roasting pan: Place kale pieces in one layer. Take care not to pile pieces on top of each other.
6. Place into oven. After 15 minutes, turn the pan arond gently stir/shift around the pieces with a spatula or similar (always wear heat protection!), to assure even cooking. Cook for an additional 10 min. Remove when kale is uniformly crispy, potentially up to 5 minutes more. Watch closely and be careful not to overcook, or the pieces will burn!
7. Allow to cool. Place into a bowl and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 days (i.e. if they can last past one night!)
Healthy Anywhere helps executive travelers enjoy delicious, organic foods, and stay healthy, anywhere in the U.S. Our services include: travel nutrition and meal planning, food delivery, fitness support, and accountability. If you or someone you know would appreciate this level of support, get in touch to work with us.
Eat Clean + Breathe Deep + Move Often = Never Settle™