Take the work out of eating well.
Our expert-curated collection is accessible via a location-based web app, so you can discover your best options nearby. Our vision is to grow our coverage to be your go-to wherever you may roam!
Conscious. Clean. Curated.
We’re guided by holistic nutrition principles and eco-conscious values.
Our holistic picture of health includes…
Healthy, sustainable, and delicious are not mutually exclusive.
We seek to celebrate and elevate good food.
Creating a way to eat healthy – busy schedule and all.
“The initial spark for Healthy Anywhere came after an especially challenging travel day as a consultant. After midnight, I found myself “hangry,” suitcase in hand and knee-deep in snow near downtown Philly. I’d avoided all airplane food and had been stuck on the tarmac for hours with unexpected delays. I was headed to an empty corporate apartment with bare cupboards – and no food in sight.
If only I’d known about the good healthy options right under my nose earlier that day! At the airport, I was overwhelmed with greasy food or junk food at every turn. I had no idea the “yogurt” place I passed twice served organic green juice, egg omelettes, and more.
Stymied, I vowed never again to be caught off guard. In trips that followed, I mapped out the best wherever I went and established a system to not merely survive – but to thrive. That system started as many hours over weekends and late nights, reading menus, websites, reviews, critics, blogs, and more.
That evolved into Healthy Anywhere! Our platform now analyzes restaurants and food sources to an incredible level of detail. We find the best options for you, so you can eat with integrity and save your brain for real decisions.”
— Leigh Balkom, Founder
Want to eat healthy without hassle?
Looking for healthy eats in San Francisco?
In a different city?
Tell us where you want us & get notified when we’re live.
Meet the woman behind the vision.
Leigh Balkom, Chief Enthusiast
- Roots in Healthcare + Technology: I spent the better part of 15 years in healthcare technology and consulting, often flying 100k+ miles per year. By necessity and desire, I developed a system to enjoy the best, healthy food anywhere!
- From Bama to the Bay Area: While originally from ‘Bama, the SF Bay Area has been home base since 2003. I arrived for a consulting project and instantly fell in love with the landscape, climate, culture, outdoor adventures, good food, and good wine.
- Certified Holistic Nutritionist: In 2020, I completed a 2+ year holistic nutrition certification to go deeper on lifestyle, nutrient, and whole-food therapeutic interventions for a variety of health concerns.
Plus a few fun facts…
- Coded first program in 7th grade using DOS (yes, the dark ages). It ran a loop of graphics and music, featuring Mozart’s Rondo Alla Turca.
- Appeared on several episodes of a PBS cooking show.
- Former vocalist for a San Francisco jazz band – played a few weddings, events and had a run at a SOMA brewery.
- Feel most fully alive during and after an intense workout – ideally cycling or running hills.